Sea Watch was an oceanfront restaurant and outdoor deck located on the beachfront at Ocean Avenue. The restaurant and outdoor eating area was destroyed during Hurricane Sandy in October of 2012. The project rebuild will include replacement of the 2-story structure with the following amenities:
- Public Restrooms
- Beach Fare Concession & Sundries with deck area for dining
- Locker Rentals
- Meeting Room(s) & Office(s)
- Deck area for dining (accessible from outside and inside)
- Bungalows to be demolished and footprint to be incorporated into site plan redesign
- Aesthetic upgrades to existing brick-clad Pump Station building to match design of new building
- Kid's spray park (access tied to beach badge purchase)
- Sufficient bicycle parking
- Pick up / drop off / turn around area
- Both VIP Seasonal & Daily Parking with a reduced number of spots possible
The Borough has received over $100k in funding from FEMA for rebuilding Sea Watch.
Schedule & Updates:
The Borough is currently in the process of selecting a permitting & design consultant with a goal of permit submission by Spring 2020.
- Phase I – Preliminary Design & Permitting (underway)
- Phase II – Final Architechtural Design
- Phase III – Construction
Final design & construction is dependent upon the permitting process and will commence upon acquisition of required permits.
Thomas Flarity, Borough Administrator