- Certificates of Occupancy will be issued within ten (10) working days.
- Under no circumstances may any building be occupied or used until a Certificate of Occupancy / Approval is issued.
- A penalty of $2,000 will be assessed!
Transfer Certificate of Occupancy
A Transfer Certificate of Occupancy must be obtained prior to the closing and title change of real estate property in the Borough of Manasquan. When making arrangements for obtaining a Transfer Permit, please consider the following process:
- Submit a completed application to the Code Enforcement Department, making certain that all requested information is provided along with the necessary fees.
- At the time of submission, make arrangements for an inspection appointment. A checklist for this inspection may be obtained through this office.
- Upon completion of the inspection you will be notified whether the property has been granted a Transfer Permit or whether violations have been cited.
If you should have any questions during this process, call the Code Enforcement Department at (732) 223-0544, ext. 307