The Clerk’s Office is headed by the Municipal Clerk who works for the Governing Body under the direction of the Municipal Administrator.
Secretary to the governing body:
- Records official minutes of the governing body, handles municipal correspondence, prepares meeting agendas, processes ordinances and resolutions, handles liaison work with the public and borough professionals, administers & records oaths of office, processes records, files and advertises the municipal budget and bids.
Secretary of the municipal corporation:
- Maintains custody of the municipal seal, maintains receipt of service of legal documents/contracts and signs the majority of official documents; attests signatures of municipal officers and officials. Serves as an administrative assistant to the Municipal Administrator.
- Serves as the chief administrative office in all elections held in the municipality and serves as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality.
- Issues licenses and permits, handles complaints of all types, furnishes data to the public and media and is responsible for records and information management.
Department of Health Liaison & Registrar of Vital Statistics:
- Processes dog and cat licenses, coordinates animal canvass, prepares death and marriage/civil union licenses/certificates, acts as liaison to the Monmouth County Health Department.